Call us on 073-706-2611 now for a free quote or you can alternatively complete our online contact form here.
Welcome to S.N Motors. We are your reliable Pretoria Mechanic and Auto Electricians offering topnotch automobile services in Pretoria. Based in Capital Park along Paul Kruger, we have earned a reputation of being able to fix automotive problems that others can’t.
Qualified & Licensed Mechanics
Professional & Ready To Serve
Since 2005 we’ve developed a reputation for delivering what vehicle owners want – good old fashioned service. Our mechanics own their own business and are eager to build long term loyalty with clients. It’s time to join Pretoria’s most trusted and convenient dealership alternative.
Car Servicing Guide – Pretoria Mechanic and Auto Electricians
Why car servicing is important
The engine oil inside your car is a key component of lubricating its insides. Engine oil has a use-by date, after about 7,000 km, or 12 months, engine oil will start to break down and deteriorate, becoming less and less effective at doing the job it needs to do.
- If it is not changed regularly, parts in your car start to deteriorate and the inevitable result is unnecessary repairs, breakdowns and even a blown engine.
- If your coolant hasn’t been replaced and you go to the snow or other very cold conditions, your engine will freeze over.
- If your brake fluid hasn’t been replaced on time you’ll eventually get water contamination that will rust your internal braking system.
How often should you service your car?
We’re all told to refer to our car’s logbook for the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. However, most people don’t even look at it… let alone understand it!
To simplify it right down to the “need to know”, we’ve put together an overview of what needs to be serviced and when that will suit most cars:
EVERY 10,000 KM OR 6 MONTHS (whichever comes first)
- Engine oil – Oil filter *Some new cars under warranty 15,000km/ 12 months
EVERY 40,000 KM OR 2 YEARS
- A/C cabin filter – Air filter – Brake fluid – Brakes – Coolant flush – Diff oil
- Spark plugs – Transmission service (manual) – Tyres & wheel alignment
EVERY 60,000-80,000 KM OR 3-4 YEARS
- Battery – Fuel filter – Transmission service (auto)
EVERY 80,000-120,000 KM OR 4-6 YEARS
- Clutch (manual) – Platinum spark plugs – Timing belt & water pump – Wiper rubbers
EVERY 120,000 KM OR 6 YEARS
- Shock absorbers
Convenient and transparent car servicing
We know life can get busy. That’s why you no longer need to take your vehicle to the dealer, thanks to our convenient mobile mechanic service. Our mechanics can come to you at your home or workplace, covering the Pretoria metropolitan area.
We’ll take the time to explain things, allowing you to oversee the work and parts being used, and get to know your mechanic personally. It’s the more convenient, more transparent, more personal way to service your car.
Our mobile car service prices include the call-out fee and all oils, and any additional work is quoted upfront. With total visibility over the price, you can stick to your budget and know there will be no nasty surprises. And of course, Pretoria Mechanic and Auto Electricians Members always save 10% on servicing and repairs.
Our range of services include:
- Engine tune ups Pretoria
- Engine overhaul Pretoria
- Brake repairs Pretoria
- Clutch repairs Pretoria
- Engine re-build Pretoria
- Engine overhaul Pretoria
- Major car services Pretoria
- Auto electrician Pretoria
- Suspension repairs Pretoria
- Car servicing and repairs Pretoria
- Starter and alternator repairs Pretoria
- BMW specialist Pretoria
- Radiator fitment Pretoria
Why choose us as S.N Motors as your auto repair center?
When you come to us for car maintenance, you become part of the RMI Automotive Repairs family. And we’ll do everything we can to help you get back on the road quickly and affordably.
We’ll be honest about what should be repaired on your car, and what can wait. We’ll also help you be proactive about routine maintenance and upkeep that will save you big down the road.
All of our team are experienced, trusted mechanics. They’ll find the source of the problem and perform quality repairs that last.
Call us on 073-706-2611 now for a free quote or you can alternatively complete this online contact form.